Babele – Crowdsourcing Innovation for greater impact
Babele is an all-in-one workspace to manage social impact development programs and engage stakeholders in strategic planning, online mentoring and peer-learning. It supports social innovators in the development of their strategy by combining open business modeling, with e-learning and crowd-mentoring.
The platform is used by innovation programs spread across 4 continents, such as :
• Corporations: Ernst & Young, Caisse des Depots, Bosch, Chicco, Banca Transilvania, etc.
• Incubators: The UN, Ashoka, British Council, Impact Booster, Rockstart Impact, Yunus & Youth, etc.
• Universities: Copenhagen Business School, Berkeley University, Southampton, ESCE, Sao Paulo, etc.
…which have involved a network of +1500 ventures from 143 countries.
The uniqueness of the tool is that, instead of creating isolated silos for each innovation program, it provides a broad interconnected ecosystem, in which different networks can manage their private online environment, but they can also reach out to the other programs to borrow experts, share best practices and cross-pollinate ideas.
This approach enables society to collaborate and solve the most urgent challenges of our time. Organizations, experts and ordinary citizens can take an active role in developing solutions for the greater good, by supporting social enterprises from all-over the world to build viable and sustainable business models, through crowd- mentoring and peer-learning.
Key functionalities of the platform are:
• E-learning: you can customize your entrepreneurship program curriculum and create a tailored learning environment - that is aligned with the content of your program and workshops;
• Projects' Directory: All the projects developed by the students / entrepreneurs are accessible from one place. They are organized by different criteria such geographical location, business sector, developmental stage, and Sustainable Development Goals. On top of this, administrators can create additional filtering criteria through a flexible tagging system.
• Program managers can approve and reject new projects, after reviewing the information provided. Contributors can follow the projects that are relevant to them, track their progress and performance, and contribute when appropriate.
• Assignment Submission: Teams follow a step-by-step framework to complete the program's and develop a fully formed social business model / impact strategy;
• Online mentoring: Program managers can easily allocate corporate mentors and external experts to each social projects, who can share their feedback /coaching notes on the assignment and on the team progress & performance updates;
• Shared Database: program managers have a directory of relevant links, files, docs, videos, and best practices which are integrated with GDrive and Dropbox, and allows for granular privacy access;
• Program Coordination: Program managers can schedule the program assignments, set deadlines and automatic reminders. It is possible to run multiple programs at the same time.
• Performance tracking: program managers can track the progress of teams and their mentors, as well as the results they achieve over time.
• Community management: There are public and private settings to write posts, launch challenges, and create newsletters, while managing communication with all the stakeholders effectively.
Steps | Log in -> Vote project -> Vote now -> Confirm Vote -> Be BOLD