A. Initial Situation and Ambition
CROWDCONSULTANTS 360 GmbH, Berlin, was founded in the summer of 2016 by 2 Digital Natives and 2 former Top Executives who know each other from joint project assignments.
The aim of CROWDCONSULTANTS is to use the growing market of highly qualified full-time and part-time freelancers as well as the potential associated with digitalization to offer consulting and implementation support in a more sustainable, agile and commercially attractive way for customers and employees. Consulting 4.0 means for us
- crowd-based, cross-generational, cross-industry and cross-functional advisory and staffing services, based on an
- agile network for freelancers and entrepreneurs with digital, sharing-economy infrastructure and a "fab place to work" culture.
B. Strategy and Execution
In the meantime, we have proven that in the gig and sharing economy within the age of digitalization you no longer need the infrastructure and organization of a classic management consultancy to successfully advise customers and support them in the implementation of transformation projects. We have created a unique working environment based on 4 pillars:
1. agile, digital, sharing economy principles instead of costly physical infrastructure: no invest in offices, high proportion of home offices plus co-working spaces for regular team meetings; cloud-based work organization (various SaaS applications within/alongside azure); flexibility for individual work tools ("bring your own smart devices");
2. flexible fab-place-to-work network instead of classic company organization: shared employees (everyone is free to work for other companies as well); culture of trust with flexible work locations and times; flexible portfolio of contracts and benefits; simple contracts and guidelines;
3. cross-generational co-working as partners instead of age-driven hierarchy: teams of former top executives ("best agers"), experienced project managers ("digital natives") and young talents ("technoholics") as permanent employees or freelancers on a full or part-time basis; continuous 360-degree coaching, training and mentoring (e.g. technoholics help executives with expertise in digital tools and receive career advice in return);
4. on-demand crowdsourcing in the worldwideweb instead of a rigid, exclusive employee pool: Xing-, LinkedIn, Freelance.de/.com and other pools as well as social media marketing to quickly identify the right experiences and skills for filling permanent positions or project teams; former executives acting as highly qualified interviewers for clients, but also as clients compiling teams for their own engagements.
C. Results after 2 years
• Funding purely by bootstrapping with three-digit ROI from the first year;
• More than 50 engagements with well-known clients including Audi, BorgWarner, Constanzia Flexibles, DKMS, European Space Agency (the youngest company to win a framework agreement), ING Bank, Koenig und Bauer, KNAUF and several start-ups;
• 5-Star-Rating at KUNUNU and Glassdoor by 6 employees and a changing, growing number of freelancers;
• ISO 9001 certification just 8 months after foundation as one of the youngest companies for a largely virtual infrastructure;
• Numerous awards and nominations including the German Stevie Awards 2018 (including Grand Stevie), the 15th International Business Awards, KUNUNU Top Company and the HR Excellence Awards 2018.