Kaaja: buying a house has never been easier.
Online. At auction.
Kaaja’s mission is to simplify real estate sales by combining best in class technology and professional real estate agents.
We help buyers and sellers to quickly reach the best price, through a secure and transparent digital process.
Kaaja was founded by Dario Cardile and Paolo Castelletti – two senior executives who returned from an experience in the USA in the real estate auction sector at Hubzu.com – after having served several years as senior managers in digital in travel, fintech and retail business globally.
- October 2020: the company HomesToPeople was born with the aim of managing and promoting private real estate auctions in Italy
- February 2021: the website www.homestopeople.com goes online with the first properties in Rome
- May 2021: we close sales on 7 of the first 9 properties and land in Milan with new quality apartments
- September 2021: HomesToPeople closes the first seed round and completes its rebranding by launching www.kajaa.com
- November 2021: Kaaja launches the English version
- December 2021: Kaaja expands to prestigious tourist destinations, arriving in Tuscany, Bolgheri acclaimed wine region.
BUY HOUSE ON KAAJA
Kaaja is fast, transparent, safe and guarantees a purchase with no worries.
Find out how to buy your next home in 3 simple steps:
- Choose the property
- Make an offer online
- If the highest bidder, finalize the purchase proposal
Choose the property
Choose the property you are interested in by consulting the property page and the documents that certify the state of the property.
The documents are all checked by Kaaja staff in order to avoid nasty surprises at later stages of the sales process.
Are you interested in the property?
Book a visit directly online.
The calendar that you find on the property page is always updated, so that you can choose the date and time that is most convenient for you.
Once booked, the visit is already confirmed, without having to wait for further confirmation from the agent.
Our real estate agent will show you the house, answer all your questions to allow you to understand if the house is the right one for you.
Make an offer online
Is the property the right one for you and you don’t want to let it slip away?
Submit an offer “Buy It Now” in minutes.
All you need is to fill in the form with the requested information and guarantee the offer by paying a deposit by credit card.
If the offer is at the “Buy It Now” price or higher, Kaaja gives you immediate confirmation. If not, we undertake to give you an answer regarding its acceptance by the seller within 5 working days.
Do you rather participate in the auction for the property you are interested in?
Participating in an auction is very simple.
Just insert a credit card to guarantee the offer and define the offered amount.
All bids presented during an auction are public (even if appropriately made anonymous) and you can check at any time if yours is the highest.
At the end of the auction, if the best offer is at (or higher than) the reserve price, the purchase proposal – filled in and pre-approved by the seller will – be sent to the buyer.
In the event that the best offer is lower than the reserve price, the seller will have up to 5 working days to evaluate it. If rejected, the auction will close without awarding the auction. If accepted, the purchase proposal will be regularly sent to the buyer.
Finalize your purchase proposal
A few simple and quick steps to conclude the purchase proposal.
The next steps
Upon receipt of the purchase proposal, the buyer will be asked, within 5 days, to:
- pay an initial deposit of around 10% of the offered amount;
- pay the auction fees equal to 3%, net of the deposit taken from the credit card at the time of the auction;
- digitally sign the purchase proposal;
- provide any additional documentation. including anti-money laundering (AML) forms, consent to privacy and a declaration regarding the existence of conflicts of interest.
At this point, the seller will have to carry out all the checks required by the relevant legislation.
Subsequently, the parties may set a date with the notary for the deed.
If the bidder does not proceed with the purchase
In the event that the highest bidder decides not to continue with the purchase, he will lose the deposit authorized during the auction.
In this case, Kaaja will contact the second highest bidder and continue the process in the same way as described above.
SELLING HOUSE ON KAAJA
Selling on Kaaja allows you to shorten times and reach the best price thanks to:
- very professional real estate agents
- innovative marketing techniques
- the best in class digital technology
- an efficient customer service, active 7 days a week
The process of putting up for sale
The preparation and evaluation of the property
The seller provides all the property documentation (town planning certificate, cadastral survey, …) and signs an exclusive sales mandate with the Kaaja accredited agency.
The area agent in charge carries out an inspection of the property and verifies the status and compliance of the documentation.
In the event of a positive check – that is, all documentation is compliant and complete – Kaaja carries out a property evaluation, suggesting the auction starting price and the reserve price.
In the event of a negative verification – that is, discrepancies or deficiencies are found on the property documentation, Kaaja offers the possibility of bringing the property up to standard or recovering the missing documentation at an extra cost.
Publication and visits
Firstly Kaaja proceeds first with the preparation of all the materials (propaedeutic to the publication) then publishes the property on the website and affiliated portals, while starting the marketing activities. From that moment, Kaaja’s agents manage all the showings of the property – in person or remote – and respond to all requests for information on the property.
The management of offers
You can receive “Buy It Now” offers within a few days of publication and first visits. In this case, the real estate agent will immediately submit the offer to the seller who will have to respond within a few days.
Otherwise, the auction starts – about 6 weeks after publication – and the online bids are collected.
At the end of the auction, Kaaja:
- collects the signed purchase proposal and the deposit from the highest bidder and submits it to the seller;
- pays the deposit to the seller net of the agreed commissions;
- assists the seller at the time of the deed.
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT KAAJA
Who we are (Italian only)
Press office (Italian only)