The Medical Image Industry is technologically underserved leading to $3-$10 billion wasted annually on unnecessary or duplicative imaging studies (US).
Medical information is fragmented and not easily accessible. By 2023, IDC predicts that 65% of patients will have accessed care through a digital front door as providers look for better ways to improve access, engagements, and experiences across all services.
CD is still the main system to deliver a radiology test to a patient. In the US, Only 12% of Medical Centers provide online access to Medical Images. Access to imaging studies is limited primarily to CD format. 80% of CDs made at hospitals are never reviewed. 85% of patients want to see their radiology images online.
In referral processes, information is lost.
At Idonia, we believe that patients should have more control over their medical information. Idonia creates a bridge between medical centres, professionals and patients by simplifying access to medical documents and image tests.
Idonia is a mature platform that allows connectivity with hospital information systems (EMR & PACS), retrieving medical images and documents which are processed and secured in a cloud service. It allows users to share and visualize using a zero footprint medical image viewer with full set of functionalities.
After 4 years active, Idonia has achieved to process 170 million medical images allowing direct delivery to patients of 1 million Magic Links.
It’s also remarkable the level of clients we have:
– 3 of the top 4 organizations with best reputation in Healthcare (MERCO) in Spain
– Best Private Hospital in Spain 2022
– 4 of the Top 50 Best Oncology Hospitals in the World
– First HIMSS EMRAM Stage 7 Hospital in Europe
– 5 Public Health Systems: where cloud concepts still have cultural barriers
– Some international expansion in UK, Italy, Chile and Colombia.
– One full country covered: Andorra.
– Telestroke project connecting 25 hospitals in Catalonia allowing immediate access from rural areas to a neurologist on call.
Now we are defining different ways to create value from the content. By combining Medical Imaging Metadata with the public access information to the images we can obtain relevant valuable data in our Idonia Data Lake. Our clients are benefiting from the content they have generated.